[CBQ] Atlas Acquires BLMA

To: "CBQ Yahoo Group" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] Atlas Acquires BLMA
From: "'Dave Lotz' Dave_Lotz@bellsouth.net [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2016 10:46:18 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

For our modelers:

HILLSIDE, New Jersey: Effective immediately, Atlas Model Railroad Co., has agreed to purchase BLMA Models Inc., of Fullerton, California. Founded in 2000, BLMA manufactures quality HO, N, and Z scale rolling stock and accessories. Per the acquisition, Atlas will own and release all current tooling, inventory, and will continue with production plans outlined by BLMA, prior to the sale.

Craig Martyn, Founder and President of BLMA Models, stated:

"What started as a hobby business 16 years ago has turned into something larger than I ever expected. The experiences, knowledge, and most importantly, the friendships gained through developing BLMA have been life changing, and I will be forever grateful to the many that supported my endeavors.

This acquisition marks a bold new chapter for Atlas, and the evolution of my professional career as well. The purchase of BLMA ensures that enthusiasts will see more product releases than ever before, a continued legacy of attention to detail, and the future production of highly sought after models. I will now be able to dedicate my energy and invest more of my time into www.MyMetalBusinessCard.com http://www.mymetalbusinesscard.com/, which has seen rapid growth since I launched the company in 2011.

To my industry connections and hobby enthusiasts, this is not a goodbye - I look forward to seeing you on the other side of the aisle, once again enjoying the great hobby of model railroading. Thank you for your unwavering support over the years, and cheers to our kindred connection today and always."

For 60 years, Atlas has been a leader in the world of model railroading. Atlas has its roots in model railroad track and accessory making through invention, innovation, and ingenuity. Atlas has a proud reputation as a family-owned business and is well known for quality and excellence. Between Atlas and sister company, Atlas O, they manufacture track, locomotives, rolling stock, and structures in N, HO, O and O-27 scales. No matter your scale, you'll find the products you need and that "You're on the Right Track®... With Atlas".

Paul Graf, Chief Executive Officer of Atlas Model Railroad Co, stated:

BLMAs reputation for detail and prototypical accuracy is compatible with Atlas’. The HO and N rolling stock will fit seamlessly into the Atlas Master line of product. The details and accessories are a perfect complement Atlas existing product line.

We have known Craig since he first entered the market, and have had a good relationship with him and BLMA through the years. We are happy that Craig will be able to work with Atlas over the coming years as we incorporate the BLMA products into Atlas line, as well as bring some of BLMAs planned new products to fruition. We plan to make the announcement of the first product from BLMAs existing products as soon as the purchase is completed.

On January 5th, 2016, BLMA will stop selling product direct, in preparation of shipping the inventory to Atlas. During the transition, BLMA will process open orders for pre-ordered rolling stock, though Atlas will physically fulfill the orders. These models include:

N scale GSC 60' Flat Car (Run #2)
N scale ACF 52' Gondola (Run #3)
N scale Trinity 31K Crude Oil Tank Cars
HO & N Trinity 5660 Covered Hoppers
HO & N Trinity 64' Modern Reefers - Tropicana
HO & N Bx-166 60' Box Car - BNSF

In the coming years, Craig will work as a consultant to Atlas, ensuring a smooth transition, assistance on development and help with marketing. Atlas expects to release many popular BLMA items with all-new numbers, paint schemes, and more. Furthermore, Atlas will develop and release items already scheduled internally by BLMA.

Posted by: "Dave Lotz" <dave_lotz@bellsouth.net>