Re: [CBQ] Lisle Station Location Inquiry

To: "CBQ@yahoogroups.com" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Lisle Station Location Inquiry
From: "Charlie Vlk cvlk@comcast.net [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2015 10:50:45 -0600
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1450111849; bh=W8nGtbPR3xDKpIfBNi0F+1hStIsMPadXoaounfaZl1M=; h=References:In-Reply-To:To:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=BuhNqEvaXPJssrxUnOPDhEYKSBAA7tWXeL+gAZyGeScT39h+whO2ZeTw22dyeji1dgQ50Mu6VhHi0bsrs9gO72dR6ov6yd/HpleP4hG8dCXFUMgN2TiFOPbDmRwlA2K630FlOkBf4hdH3DX+qZ+1npPmZKeBGcK79yoz5BIU9fc=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Dennis
I haven't written it down yet but I believe the original stations on the Chicago - Aurora mainline were not built to the south of the main as all except Lisle were in late years.
Riverside and Naperville were in the center of the tracks.  Lisle and Downers Grove were on the North Side if the tracks as was the original Chicago station at 14th (Depot Street) and the Chicago River.
I believe that the Lisle Station is the original 1864 structure  just simply was never moved as it didn't have enough commuter traffic until the 1970s (I commuted from there  1972-1976 when I lived in Bolingbrook and don't recall the station being open) to justify moving or replacing it.
Don't know about the notion that milk went to Aurora from Lisle...there is documentation  that milk was picked up at Lisle by the Milk Trains running into Chicago....not to say that some might have been handled westbound.
I am still working on documenting station locations using old property maps and Sanborn Fire Insurance Maps.  I found good information on the Naperville Branch / siding that served the power plant
Charlie Vlk

Sent from my iPhone