[CBQ] Glick's Book

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] Glick's Book
From: "cbqrr47@yahoo.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: 03 Nov 2015 21:39:01 -0800
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

I received Bill Glick's new book, several days ago and now have had a chance to go through it. I enjoyed it very much and learned a lot. I really respect Bill's knowledge, however I came to a different conclusion about the cars on page 60 (1430-1432). I don't believe they are baggage mail cars, instead I think they are rider cars used for rear end crews on mail and express trains like cars number 1490-1492 (and perhaps others). I base this on three factors:

1. The number series does not seem correct. 1400 series cars were baggage cars while baggage mail cars were generally in the 1800's and 1900's.

2. The window pattern is not right for even 15 foot RPO apartments. The window should not be between the door and car end. This, however, was the pattern for the rider cars.

3. Lastly, there is an absence of mail catcher hardware on the door frame. Even RPO's assigned to runs not requiring a catcher still had the brackets on the door frame.

This is just one man's opinion and in no way reflects on the otherwise great quality of a great book.

Posted by: cbqrr47@yahoo.com