Re: [CBQ] 34' boxcars

To: "CBQ@yahoogroups.com" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] 34' boxcars
From: "Nelson Moyer ku0a@mchsi.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2015 19:28:01 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1444868880; bh=wj81dbS4ghXzsuWcxseywngxDgevdmvmAHr6t2bckBI=; h=References:In-Reply-To:To:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=n2O/NV9gVojoEy3TNbjwM9g7DHYCZT+uGXL5vqGb4r0RPMn4o9Vvz4zY30aIoLmWLiJqZA1bpwlATdG2iYZAm4ryUNejk/D8dTCyDVIqrcTnMJS5xitsNQOSfXbd6fwV5DLrdR1ob3ZSdDBaYQxPJEigVpekm9UuceoXvg0NZu8=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Many of the bunk houses shown on alignment charts were listed as 9x34 ft, sometimes on ties. Is it a reasonable assumption that all 34 ft. bunk houses were retired double sheathed boxcars?

I have photos of single sheathed boxcars converted into bunk houses, but I assume they were 38 or 40 ft. cars retired from later classes.

I need several 34 ft. bunk houses for branchline towns on my layout, so any photos or other information will be appreciated.

Nelson Moyer