[CBQ] Re: Q Mineral Red Paint

To: "CBQ@yahoogroups.com" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Q Mineral Red Paint
From: "William Canelos sharronbillc@yahoo.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2015 15:21:56 +0000 (UTC)
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Hi All,

I have used rattle cans for years in custom painting and when folks visit my G Scale layout they compliment me on my beautiful airbrush paint jobs.  The secret is light coats, really light coats.  This is very true with Tractor supply spray paints, which to me seem more likely to attack plastic than some other brands. I gave up the airbrush mess about 10 years ago and have never looked back.  I like the red tone primers and use it on trucks and couplers as well, and with light coats of overspray using flat grey red or black along the bottom of a decorated cars makes for great light weathering.

Bill

Posted by: William Canelos <sharronbillc@yahoo.com>