[CBQ] Another SW1 Survivor [3 Attachments]

To: CB&Q Group <cbq@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] Another SW1 Survivor [3 Attachments]
From: "Hol Wagner holpennywagner@msn.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2015 07:43:54 -0600
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
[Attachment(s) from Hol Wagner included below]

 About a month ago I posted photos of two former CB&Q SW1s still alive and in use today.  Here's a former FW&D one, photographed by Mark Mautner at Wood River, Ill., earlier this month.  WAMX 101 was originally Fort Worth & Denver 602 (built 12/1939) and after the BN merger became Walla Walla Valley 104, then Lamb Weston/Henningsen Cold Storage 55, the Watco (WAMX) 55 and most recently 101.

Based in Pittsburg, Kan., Watco owns/operates 34 shortline and regional railroads in the U.S. and Western Australia and also provides switching services for industries with its fleet of second-hand locomotives -- one of which is this SW1.

Attached are three views of the little switcher, the first taken at Fort Worth in April 1965, the second as WWV (BN) 104 outside the Walla Walla enginehouse in June 1973 and the third last week at Wood River, Ill., by Mark Mautner.  Note in the first two views that the locomotive's bell is, while not polished, still unpainted brass.

I want to thank Mark for providing the image of WAMX 101 and for calling its current existence to the attention of the Diesel Roster Data online group.

Hol

Attachment(s) from Hol Wagner | View attachments on the web

3 of 3 Photo(s)