[CBQ] Re: Oak St bridge in Hinsdale IL [1 Attachment]

To: CB&Q Group <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Oak St bridge in Hinsdale IL [1 Attachment]
From: "William Barber clipperw@gmail.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2015 11:07:00 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1440432431; bh=cYZf2vuN6RqDwSsww5IPgqkiRUzY2OSq6onQLpiKiJo=; h=References:To:In-Reply-To:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=jQpsYsSvp3i9klHZei0m9HU5IP1wuaJ+HIBrSQ934HJOZfow5cuqZ372PTRBKHcA0SjSPxqqqnved+pojuwhdY1ktsTm80WZ9jiz6czs8OsO5ZfhZZLXjH7VgzKQaRjNw3w8bjDVLpXc0RsPCwxK8GKuEECGRv2XHuYq9V1yeOs=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Rich and Charlie,

After the comments about the error that you mentioned, Charlie, I sent an e-mail to the project manager, Dan Deeter about the misinformation. He replied that there is a Highland Park in Hinsdale and they will correct the website. It turns out to be the area around the Highlands station bounded by the RR on the north, County Line Road and George Kanary's  house and property on the east, Oak Street on the west and Chicago Ave. on the south. It is not shown on Google maps, but Apple Maps does show it. Of course, it still makes the Oak Street and the bridge west of the park and the station. Attached is a pdf file showing Highlands station and Highland Park from Apple Maps.

Too bad I live so far away, I would like to take a few last photos of the bridge. Someone mentioned on one site that the steel portion of the bridge is part of a former Q turntable that was moved there. Is that correct? If so, many be there should have been an effort to preserve it somewhere (IRM?).

Bill Barber
Gravois Mills, MO