[CBQ] Downers Grove 1947 Derailment

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com, BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Downers Grove 1947 Derailment
From: "qutlx1@aol.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2015 18:42:43 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
As Dave well knows I try my absolute best to the get the facts right in
anything I submit to BRHS
for publication. He's commented more than once on the volume of details
submitted ! One might call it overkill.

So here's a question that might seem totally unrelated to the 1947 Downers
Grove  derailment piece that I'm researching. But rest assured it is not, in
fact it's very pertinent as the article will show.

In the spring of 1945 would it be normal for a MAIN TRAIN(troop train) to have
a couple wood box cars on the head end ? W/o giving too much away, I think the
train I am referring to is an inductee westbound train and the two wood box
cars on the head end are personal belongings.

Is this a logical assumption ?

Leo Phillipp

Sent from my iPad

Posted by: qutlx1@aol.com