Re: [CBQ] Painting firebox

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Painting firebox
From: "'Patrick Homan' homanfamily@fuse.net [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2015 19:03:07 -0400
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1437519789; bh=DtrZy1ctyl5youCaib1lUIw+knMCEbBcOFUvr+5zOcE=; h=To:References:In-Reply-To:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=34TylbEyb0iTO2SryQ+0bT9y9A3/r95n6RKUPyyYZ7tRcGFcZLwHbqR5G4sR2GhNwD4pkp3TdjlWq/M5UNV4glv+7xWx/jVgBIZAYNAijKsW9OJelNouw3jvMpYesULbo+5uihPVsFKFeOWMlDm/Emp6/6cLS8srZ3e/Uy5FVjk=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
X_cmae_category: , ,
X_cmae_category: , ,
I use a Floquil CN Grey which I brush paint after the base coat of Scalecoat
Engine Blacked has been baked on.   Once this is dry, I lightly blotch the
firebox with Floquil brown and some black.  This is thinned and dabbed on
with a small brush, but lightly done.   I decal the locomotive before
anything else, seal it and lightly airbrush with dust and very thin grime
low down on the drivers, wheels and tender base.  Heavier weathering is up
to you.  Most steam up through the early fifties was kept clean.

                                                Pat Homan