Re: [CBQ] Trailways and Burlington Affiliation

To: "CBQ@yahoogroups.com" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Trailways and Burlington Affiliation
From: "roy wojahn zuch2rew@yahoo.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2015 03:01:45 +0000 (UTC)
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

When I was going to college in Ames, Iowa, I missed the last bus (Greyhound) from Chicago, but I couldn't wait until the next morning.  I remembered that the CB&Q had a late night mail train to at least Omaha, with a Burlington Trailways connection at Albia, Iowa to Des Moines.  So I made my way to Union Station and caught the mail train.  During the long mail stop at Burlington, Iowa, I mentioned to the Trailways clerk of my intentions of the transfer. He said, "Why not change here?  We honor the CB&Q tickets.  That same bus stops here first. Besides, you don't want to chance missing the connection in Albia".  So that's what I did.  I missed a few classes, missed more riding of a mail train, but got to ride a nice bus.

Roy Wojahn

Posted by: roy wojahn <zuch2rew@yahoo.com>