Re: [CBQ] Equipment names

To: "CBQ@yahoogroups.com" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Equipment names
From: "Stephen Levine sjl_prodigynet@yahoo.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Sat, 30 May 2015 16:45:00 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1433029504; bh=kYOXbyFnHeFs1cjmr5b7m90MxNaaLemEAS15zDpphIs=; h=To:In-Reply-To:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=fHlLdSX8lvbj8dqIuKd5xknGmoM4PyeqqNmbhw4ttxqdJz7Ae3+3HASPk7rGwaFZRgA7zuiY1Pra92g68N0gA7Cux9S9PlYa7q563QBRzOK+SdccrF4dou20Mk0wZsLuSNNEz2mdaIKBuMxSGal+8TtcKU+C72zylFAnl2whoAc=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

There is a double meaning in the use of the Silver adjective for the original DZ cars, referring to both the stainless steel thereof and an historically important Colorado export. This was not the only time the Q folks took advantage of a double meaning. The Twin Zephyr name referred to both service to the Twin Cities and the fact that two identical trains provided the service.

Them Q folk were quite literate.

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone