Re: [CBQ] Location ID [1 Attachment]

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Location ID [1 Attachment]
From: "LZadnichek@aol.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Wed, 20 May 2015 13:04:29 -0400
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
[Attachment(s) from LZadnichek@aol.com included below]

May 20, 2015

Hol - The same image appears on page 56 of Burlington Route Steam Finale by Lloyd Stagner. The image is identified as having been taken at Creston, IA, in January 1955. The image is credited to W.S. Kuba. There is a second image of 6317 on page 8 also by W.S. Kuba and identified as being at Creston.

Of course, the both images are misidentified as to location as the Creston coal chute was constructed of concrete, not wood, as I recall. Personally, I think both images were taken at Ottumwa, IA, as I have another image of 6317 identified as having been taken Ottumwa in January 1955. I've attached that image.

Dad was Ottumwa Division Supt. in the early 1960s and I remember the wood coal chute and roundhouse there. Sure looks like Ottumwa to me. I remember Dad was concerned about the chute's structural integrity and wanted it torn down as pieces were beginning to fall off of it. Best Regards - Louis