Re: [CBQ] Re: CBQ Demonstrator Locomotives

To: "CBQ@yahoogroups.com" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: CBQ Demonstrator Locomotives
From: "'kerhart@frontier.com' kerhart@frontier.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Fri, 15 May 2015 14:27:55 +0000 (UTC)
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

I want to thank everyone for all their enlightening responses to the use of demonstrators on the CB&Q.  As I read the replies, related questions came to mind as to how the program was administered.  Being a frugal railroad, what costs did the Burlington incur in trying out these locomotives?  Did they need to send crew for training?  Were there lease agreements or did the "Q" just cover the fuel and other operating costs?  Being a larger railroad, could the Burlington get a "sweet" deal to familiarize themselves with these locomotives from other manufacturers who were hoping that they could break the strong relationship with EMD?  This would be a fascinating Burlington Bulletin!

Thanks again.

Keith Erhart

Posted by: "kerhart@frontier.com" <kerhart@frontier.com>