RE: [CBQ] Provo SD locomotive explosion [2 Attachments]

To: CB&Q Group <cbq@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [CBQ] Provo SD locomotive explosion [2 Attachments]
From: "Hol Wagner holpennywagner@msn.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2015 09:01:29 -0600
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1429196529; bh=4JkPs0slZjr9NjV3guewYJchkJF9Ms5NTcpIgC7Cp8o=; h=To:In-Reply-To:References:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=Tre3EOlCtmQBAVncZRzPpekO3nu5koOeSpffg2UixmtJE6pMbrjr+QIWqPGNHIUm+jDJ/DyG5G6+8/Z5irUZcTdnWfi/Yc9rVDj3aU1pUCROBbLf9aQjx7vLVio/cOOSyOto5NF0lDTTF4Yr1HMqH88IjFMZZTvB27kxZMiPXSY=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
[Attachment(s) from Hol Wagner included below]

Had a basement water leak over the weekend that caused me to move a good deal of my collection (very little of which suffered any damage) and encountered another postcard view of the 5020 after the explosion.  It's the opposite side of the locomotive from the view I posted earlier.  And just for those who have not seen the 5020 after it was converted into the sole F-3 0-8-0, I'm attaching a view of it also.  Note that it received an L&D front end (i.e., extended smokebox) and a large sand dome of the type used by the O-1-A and S-3 engines.  By the time it was converted into a switcher and assigned to Centralia in Southern Illinois coal country, it was obviously no longer a lignite burner but retained the long smokebox, with the additional netting and baffles either removed or unneeded.

Hol