Re: [CBQ] CB&Q Train Briefs

To: "CBQ@yahoogroups.com" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] CB&Q Train Briefs
From: "STEVEN HOLDING sholding@sbcglobal.net [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2015 03:13:22 +0000 (UTC)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1428549205; bh=Ha4QkZpJ1QIpBIehX45A6OoQIvDvlTTU204zSfdpQcs=; h=To:In-Reply-To:References:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=e0tFs+O/TwSnuLdTkMEogZvEi3fm+yH6DhGmTmhyUmfUN73K6AfJromFbBwZwpZjOAGaOkczi7zzfueo8VixGqZ4nnyXl5c/JNzfk5Ha6RhnvDsoJIZOyiicZYTHwm3qd+Mpt/uS0qyURI7AW9RjMrfIWKDL0LL1kvSWDSsvNgU=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

One large problem with Train Briefs they were for marketing and are only an idea of what might be operated.  Generally the Yardmaster, Chief Dispatchers and Train Masters decided what and when the dancing started. Often depending on connections from other roads and the switching and the number of cars entailed to get the trains ready.  This often would wind up with extra trains or sections of "Scheduled" trains to move the traffic.  In the 70's and 80's we would have a 64 and 66 east out of Pacific Jct. that would (what is now called block swapping) go into Ottumwa Yard and set out motors and cars and a 164 would be built there and bypass Galesburg yard were both 64 and 66 would enter for switching.  164 would use the Passenger Main thru the depot.
Steve in SC  retired Chicago Div. Train Dispatcher