RE: [CBQ] BNSF Ad 160 years

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [CBQ] BNSF Ad 160 years
From: "'Rupert & Maureen' gamlenz@ihug.co.nz [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2015 13:12:20 +1300
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1426723952; bh=NrAAtQNcNNDl/8K9/LCds7VeMXUYr7/G/zN0UaNLq2w=; h=To:References:In-Reply-To:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=pQCcWM2l7mH3BehRKkZs5WfTAASkCEAZ5VUUXJC0TxevpnLhf6XiblxGuWycboFYC1V2zTiDJ2XzNXYqM9ozRkeWlFGRyq4YrnCYTpqGyTT7ENfbP8XLNITAlDoyyIWFP/05vlGlzmaBpx3zU38KDUfdmFki68eFj77WebC4tig=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Leo

I guess it depends on the definition of "starting" or whatever term is being
used in the advert. If it relates to the BNSF name, then maybe they are
correct as the change of name from Chicago & Aurora Railroad Company to
Chicago, Burlington & Quincy Railroad Company was approved on 14 February
1855.

You could argue (and Archie probably would) that the company dates from 16
February 1847 when the Hannibal & St Joseph's Railroad Company was
incorporated. And I'm not going to hunt through Baldwin's Corporate History
to see if any predecessors are older than the H&StJ!

Rupert Gamlen
Auckland NZ