[CBQ] Re: Wooden bridge over tracks in Lisle IL [1 Attachment]

To: CB&Q Group <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Wooden bridge over tracks in Lisle IL [1 Attachment]
From: "William Barber clipperw@gmail.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2015 09:29:10 -0600
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1424964563; bh=+SGntyS6oFqFTJVunNrdxpc9O0K55Qjw2ZLuxHATH0s=; h=References:To:In-Reply-To:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=NKNZunyd7T8Go3sUJtAuuydEyCIPz1vqz92vdHidn1Plujps0dTAaVN4HsoDkqYP1Mmcygm+lzugtWRzNIFeYmRKjMze0DgLlnFDeCN0ngt5/9nqFLR98hovz+SBF4+NOF1XiCwfqlfktF01+AO88K2CwymM9KqApnwug7QF8Jk=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
[Attachment(s) from William Barber included below]

Mike,

Like you, I remember Yender Road, but looking at Google maps of the area and the satellite view, the right of way appears straight at Yender Road. Today, it isn't even clear that Yender Road, which is just west of Yackley Road, now a major thoroughfare, ever crossed the Q ROW or where it went south of the tracks. If there was a bridge at Beau Bien Road, and the satellite view seems to suggest that there might have been, it looks more correct as the ROW is in a curve at that point and both of the photo links that Larry Sallee provided show a curve under the bridge. Glen Haug has suggested that a bridge was located at mp 26.07 and it was at sometime called Essex Road. Having grown up in the area, I think that the road may have had a different name, but I am not sure that it was Essex Road. I believe the Beau Bien name came from an apartment complex built along the road in later years. There is an Essex Avenue in Naperville but it is south of this location and runs east and west. There is also an Essex Road in Lisle, but it is far north and east of this location. Attached is another photo that I think was taken from the same bridge, but unfortunately, I was very poor at keeping an accurate record of where my photos were taken. Later this morning, I will call my friend, Bob Campbell. Since he grew up in the same area and worked for the Q, BN and Amtrak running through this location, I am sure he will know.

Bill Barber
Gravois Mills, MO