[CBQ] Tru Color Paint & Thinners CB&Q Freight Car Red

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Tru Color Paint & Thinners CB&Q Freight Car Red
From: "Randy Danniel milepost206@mchsi.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2015 13:08:09 -0600
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1424718492; bh=ssa6lXd9odb4emFa6wIHS0T2omhA8j8Hgu3e4Z4xPT8=; h=To:In-Reply-To:References:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=AM8pFRQCjrFKxLVaEwYCYwaIcpeGEnh9bUcrmyPlV6nD/eQI6YXcJMj4h16HLszj+CHij1qhw388hFWE+6exO1beGUpmet2Xvrou55fFAITxsoZPdJNOG2nGPC3MeXvFgavV9KFH4Wxi71sK40h1APsc1j5Hv2SIWI7VA+6nofY=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Nelson,

45 psi is way out of range. Tru-Color works best at 28psi measured at the gun and as tested by me sprays in the Badger 200 bottle, slot or cup airbrushes extremely well. Just like Accu-Paint did. Only better.

I might suggest you overhaul your airbrush. You have something going on that is abnormal and I would tend to believe internal airbrush issues and not the paint.

A personal note regarding thinners not directed to Nelson. If you spend hours building, detailing and working on a model, can anyone justify screwing around playing paint chemist and not buying the manufacturer's recommended thinner? Want to clean your airbrush with acetone, lacquer thinner or 409, go ahead. But there is no reason to not buy the manufacturer's recommended thinner. At least, not if you’re serious about achieving consistent results. Less time screwing around = more time to go to work to pay for this madness = more time to model. The circle of life as we know it.

Randy Danniel