[CBQ] CTC Date for Derby to Denver

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] CTC Date for Derby to Denver
From: "glenehaug@msn.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: 15 Feb 2015 18:31:38 -0800
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

I'm looking to pin down the date for installation of CTC from Derby to Denver.  When CTC was installed 1937 from Akron west, Derby to Denver was controlled by a separate control machine at 38th Street and operated under controlled manual block rules.

I think it was officially changed to CTC in 1946, because in 1945-46, additional signal work was done at Denver, including the installation of a new Union Switch and Signal control machine, which it appears replaced the 1937 machine.  The 1937 machine had only two levers, for two blocks (Derby to east end of 38th Street, and 38th to the interlocking at DUS).  It didn't control any power switches.  The 1945-46 work may have included one or two power crossovers, which would have required the new machine.

Can anyone verify the CTC date from a timetable.  A 1939 timetable indicates controlled manual block, and a 1956 timetable indicates CTC.

Glen Haug

Posted by: glenehaug@msn.com