RE: [CBQ] Re: Junking the D Bills and then leasing the same from C&S

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [CBQ] Re: Junking the D Bills and then leasing the same from C&S
From: "'Charlie Vlk' cvlk@comcast.net [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2015 17:04:07 -0600
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1423695852; bh=WGMuk7dC1hssjdopZwBXUsq3fxY6dhIu5sSzSmr7nEY=; h=To:References:In-Reply-To:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=yaEuKwl3ec4qnXaxe0nVIiqN8aajuHbS+HGWLHRXVF2SRREjZOq0xnU2+wscIABDoAnCo+6OhtJEKj7DmyUaV9EVfuz5zjb5/NKPAWhwmE6OlM9CJ3l6dDVHcliTmikcJzNq+P2zUphI/gFornmBYpVKx6bIxPWdwUhEVBYfKJc=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

To add more fuel to the fire, I have drawings of a proposed D-8 2-8-0 Consolidation (unfortunately not dated) (which even has a drawing for a diamond stack option) and a proposed conversion of D4a to O Class 2-8-2 Mikado dated 1911.

This to me doesn’t clarify the CB&Q’s attitude towards the 2-8-0 wheel arrangement.

I am guessing that the deckles firing arrangement contributed to the early demise of the D4a / D4b engines.   They could have easily been made into 0-8-0s by changing the driver size but apparently the need for heavy switchers wasn’t that great by the time they started to be redundant.

Charlie Vlk