Re: [CBQ] Digest Number 6193

To: CB&Q Group <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Digest Number 6193
From: "William Barber clipperw@gmail.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2015 22:30:51 -0600
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1422505855; bh=S/idth/WqjaE59c4fM3+ouUs1E68+mC+V+LuMtX9bJ8=; h=References:To:In-Reply-To:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=sEd6Mxb+rbnSNswA/rfxtz4Quj4dkbcs7ltHfeqzUSNfMK7oXkU7oVr+c1uyrTqv/mQPjLC/SOmu3voAq+NjpitwUiMngqK//sm/CpHaXwRpsRxw69o9Euf1tAS+tCvrlH/sda7IvO1K0RCb+BKAGD5IHUUxpbJMEpe4GrasT5w=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Louis,

In response to your question in the last paragraph of your post below, I think you are correct that the R class on the Q was their largest class of locomotives. If I have tallied them correctly, they purchased 436 R class locomotives. They numbered from 1700 to 2224, but not inclusive. They were purchased between 1900 and 1907, so whether they owned that many all at one time, I don't know.  I am sure that wrecks may have taken a few out. They were classed R-1 to R-5A. The next closest class in quantity were the mikados which were a close second with 383 in five classes, O-1, O-1A, O-2, O-3 and 0-4.

Bill Barber
Gravois Mills, MO