[CBQ] Re: Burlington and Missouri River Railroad in Nebraska

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Burlington and Missouri River Railroad in Nebraska
From: "harleyhorse74@gmail.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: 27 Jan 2015 11:12:16 -0800
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1422385937; bh=OoV4cB5a/fieHCylbOyxRY31Qh3Z5x3WDK4vPK1JNUE=; h=To:References:In-Reply-To:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=FvULbPwzVwbbBgKZ9Vl6NLGDE2keL0mVoNgDmTgzzwG38OuEQqoA77BVjq/GHcS5OFMyOJLvXTiZtmb5YXEosz67HUrHHuCMZ37LFcD+lxUYFit6MCjpOgJ6VlQnQY5CoSx1u9kWYRMMvuw5DlFfy7sF04ytUYNlImBKvsNc68U=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Louis,

Sorry for late response.  I have been in the process of moving.  I stopped at the Custer County Historical Society in Broken Bow earlier this month to look at their Butcher photo collection.  They also confirm that the picture was taken by Solomon Butcher and that the original glass plate negative is in the Nebraska State Historical Society collection.  Their records show photo was taken August 12th, 1886.  Looking thru the microfilm, I found a newspaper article in the County County Republican dated August 25th, 1886, detailing the first passenger train to arrive Broken Bow on August 20th, 1886. The photo would have been taken somewhere between Grand Island and Broken Bow then.  Eventually the locomotive made its way to Broken Bow with the first passenger train.

Brian

Posted by: harleyhorse74@gmail.com