Re: [CBQ] Re: Gas Electric Photo ID Help

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: Gas Electric Photo ID Help
From: "archie hayden klinerarch@charter.net [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2015 13:19:42 -0600
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Bud and group,  Before the job was known as the Canton road switcher,
I worked two of the 3 jobs that were headquartered out of Lewiston,
Illinois.  Working with Howard Johnson and Frankie Carr was a hoot.
These guys put in 16 hour days showing off at 15 hours and 59 minutes
so they could start the next shift at regular time.  Twice a day we
would haul 40 empty battleships up to the mines and shove 20 cars at a
time into a stub track that held 20 cars all with no radios.  Learned
to hang off the point stirrup and grab the anglecock to set the air at
the end of the track.  Slept in the freight room of the depot and
lived on day old bread and cookies from care packages sent from home
in Hannibal.  As I recall we did have a lot of switching around Canton
with IH requiring the most.  Archie

Posted by: archie hayden <klinerarch@charter.net>

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com