RE: [CBQ] Re: Intermountain USRA Gondolas with RED Heralds?!

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [CBQ] Re: Intermountain USRA Gondolas with RED Heralds?!
From: "'Nelson Moyer' ku0a@mchsi.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2014 14:54:51 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1414785286; bh=dE8tGxkzafVCRo0lfd1cfXSQ9gY5r08QNvMVZFMLon8=; h=To:References:In-Reply-To:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=J/h0S+Lx+xYm4gJmaupvUiKuhC4nQ+dXuIBRW/YP0L7UCk2fYBOWF9iw6B0D7tV+arUHzvwoowcxc5/v63L+cuLO0Uhv+x+lh+W1f7H0tLTjiY1iDzb03wwxVgzrU8THE6a4GGNjUeDsn18277ytIIvEZXjU55YOw3hfI7EWRyw=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Gerald et. al.,

I wonder too. It seems like a false economy to produce a foobie, but they must be counting on the legion of modelers who don’t know and don’t care.

Intermountain can’t seem to get locomotive numbers right, either. Their CB&Q FT ABBA sets and ATSF F-7 ABBA sets (catwhisker scheme) are both numbered wrong. I let them know about both errors and I got the same canned response I got for the gondola.

Intermountain is releasing a lot of rolling stock, and it would be an enormous undertaking to vet everything with ‘experts’, so I guess they are counting on total sales volume to sustain them, despite the numerous errors. It’s like they are interpreting paint colors from black and white photos, and we all know how dangerous and deceptive that can be, don’t we Charlie?

Nelson Moyer