[CBQ] Carstens Publications No More

To: cbq@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Carstens Publications No More
From: "LZadnichek@aol.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2014 14:36:05 -0400
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1409942172; bh=9O6Dy25/6rO0nnLDMQ4jL9/GEjtXVTQ1TVmmqklXjow=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Full-name:Message-ID:To:X-Mailer:x-aol-global-disposition:x-aol-sid:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Original-From:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=szk1QGICubxjaQ8s9BjmudF4WQE2S0pRRibhobU5WY0MIqi4QExId/mY/sp33Gf1WRbpnwdsfHqjvlRnPYkN+nHrpt0gDKeJ4V92aRPSvbNS/hitMJT35QTeYZ8wp1y1leYGDHNs+6KLomxpCdnjt7Q9e2/I9613EPoKV2ZhT7Q=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

September 5, 2014

For those subscribers to Railfan Magazine, Carstens Publications has ceased publishing. Their assets including Railfan have been sold to White River Productions. Brief details are at < www.railfan.com >.

I just received my June issue, only about two months late. Let's hope that White River Productions can breathe some life back into Railfan that is a continuation of the iconic Railroad Magazine of years ago.

Growing-up in the 1950s and into my teenage years in the mid-1960s, Trains, Railroad and Railroad Model Craftsmen were my guide and introduction to railfanning and model railroading.

Losing Carstens Publications is kind of like a death in the family to me. But, it was evident that Railfan was continuing to lose advertisers with the magazine becoming thinner and thinner.

Whereas Trains some years ago expanded their circulation base and editorial schedule to include professional railroaders and their vendors to attract more advertising, Railfan stuck with the fans.

SInce I have a paid-up subscription to Railfan through July of 2015, I hope White River Productions can make a go of it and I do not lose my money. Here's to Railfan, thanks for the memories.  Best Regards - Louis

Louis Zadnichek II
Fairhope, AL

Carstens Publications is no more. Details on web site < www.railfan.com >. Carstens has been purchased by White River Productions that will continue publication. Perhaps, they can breathe some life back into the magazine. Thanks for alerting us to this. Best Regards - Louis

Posted by: LZadnichek@aol.com