Re: [CBQ] Conductor Uniform

To: "CBQ@yahoogroups.com" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Conductor Uniform
From: "Leo qutlx1@aol.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2014 19:07:14 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1407802030; bh=nZAtvL2BewKJrJ/26JgfeWdiO6tWmRv+08sksn1xKMo=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:References:X-Mailer:In-Reply-To:Message-Id:To:x-aol-global-disposition:x-aol-sid:X-AOL-IP:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Original-From:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=P6Y85yANqim/0cZAp8qnhrmhy9YuG3gp2KG3CriPeGcYYVmR/ldqEG1p5JzFJ1u6NQEv4nXKFy2qHpZpBVPkNa/EKq4aSI1aA+5n6q9DKVawouT+qEFFn65p72Cfb1qEv0K+SAWJ7Dpy3ENveuJGMBBSvyT8+xdYpMH6TtJM4+c=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

The white shirt ,black belt and red tie were supplied by the employee. In the time period you reference the employee paid for the uniform from an authorized tailor. As well as black,shined shoes and blue socks. Any coat or other outer garments were also his responsibility. The employee also supplied his own ticket, change handling equipment.

If my memory is correct Starting with the 1964 contract an employee could be supplied two uniforms per year at a 50/50 split with the Q. The 1967 contract allowed for two uniforms per year at carrier expense.

As we got further into the 70s an employee could order a topcoat or winter overcoat instead of one uniform. Later shirts were supplied. It's my understanding that today everything,uniform,shoes,shirts,belts,coats, etc is supplied.

Leo Phillipp
Former BN Condr/Brkmn
Holder of the BRT Aurora lodge files

Sent from my iPad