[CBQ] Re: Re: La Crosse WI

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Re: La Crosse WI
From: "William Barber clipperw@gmail.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Sat, 31 May 2014 10:13:39 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1401549223; bh=9Nj91rZ6kaJoAlWjdXVVohMUpYUYEZRK0DCbK5SOUTY=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-Id:References:To:In-Reply-To:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Original-From:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=EvbrX6/wIhVxtMzOKhBSjlhkS1t/U5+KaXAXwywgLtH0jBbrVT1qV5hqi/41MnH8OZZzpeOojD2xFN4xAsYwt9VvBQsTnad43gKHa+AHdWaMAi7W0/IhB2ntkINcihHQ/xsXIhKuYh+fge2ygJ9/VZ3/RAdt13kbMp6uGHsa3kM=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Micheal,

Illini RR Club ran at least two excursions to LaCrosse during the fan trip era.
On occurred on July 18, 1959 and the second on May 1, 1960. Both were pulled by
O5B no. 5632. On at least one of those trips, On at least one of those trips,
the excursion train and locomotive operated into the downtown area on the old
line. I have photos of the stopped in the street. LaCrosse trips were also
operated out of the Twin Cities by the Minnesota Railfans Association; one on
October 4, 1959 and the other on September 2, 1962. One report indicates that
the second trip went all the way south to Dubuque, but I can't confirm that.
Whether either of the Twin Cities trips used the old line through LaCrosse, I
don't know. Suffice to say that the old line was fully operable at least to
1960.

Bill Barber
Gravois Mills, MO