[CBQ] 9th Annual “24 Hours @ Saginaw” 2014

To: "texomarailfans@yahoogroups.com" <texomarailfans@yahoogroups.com>, "cbq@yahoogroups.com" <cbq@yahoogroups.com>, "cottonbelt@yahoogroups.com" <cottonbelt@yahoogroups.com>, "espee_forever@yahoogroups.com" <espee_forever@yahoogroups.com>, "kcsnotes@yahoogroups.com" <kcsnotes@yahoogroups.com>, "lrmrg@yahoogroups.com" <lrmrg@yahoogroups.com>, "mkt@yahoogroups.com" <mkt@yahoogroups.com>, "RITSlist@yahoogroups.com" <RITSlist@yahoogroups.com>, "tno@yahoogroups.com" <tno@yahoogroups.com>, "trainorders@yahoogroups.com" <trainorders@yahoogroups.com>, ATSFgroup <atsf@yahoogroups.com>, Union Pacific <Union_Pacific@yahoogroups.com>, Railspot List <railspot@yahoogroups.com>, "dfwrr@yahoogroups.com" <dfwrr@yahoogroups.com>, "MOPAC@yahoogroups.com" <MOPAC@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] 9th Annual “24 Hours @ Saginaw” 2014
From: "Skip Waters wgcrush@swbell.net [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2014 22:49:00 -0700 (PDT)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1400564942; bh=7K9zVL3zziGAmqIZWtw5oGvqAs4RwKjb7AUt1FmSQMs=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-YMail-OSG:X-Received:X-Rocket-MIMEInfo:X-Mailer:References:Message-ID:To:In-Reply-To:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Original-From:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=nXhdSx62fYxZfWWeu54ySIpYJp5JAHMP5juPR0yGyUOUDidEj+vkqYxQ693VbopFmwneY4v8Jc4qDGXckZnjbR1/AxBSn3cQmV0nARWPsqeCPswYdIjjP6kSHvrpdNt9LbEjeATfsdMzVPYyZz5NoCnXFboBJEBk6MUWmS1HAko=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT - IT'S TIME TO WATCH SOME TRAINS!

(Pass this on to your rail friends please)

9th Annual “24 Hours @ Saginaw” 2014

DATE:  Friday, May 23rd & Saturday, May 24th, 2014
TIME:  7:00 pm to 7:00 pm, for 24 hours!
LOCATION:  Saginaw Heritage Center (the depot) 301 S. Saginaw Blvd. in Saginaw,
TX.
For the past 8 years the North Texas Chapter, NRHS has had the privilege of
hosting a 24 hour railwatching event at the Saginaw Depot over Memorial Day
weekend starting Friday evening and ending Saturday evening for a full 24
hours.  Last year we had approximately 130 or more Railfans attend this event
to watch trains day and night.  In addition, we schedule programs to include
slide shows, speakers, clinics, videos and railroad trivia to keep guests
entertained between trains.

We did it AGAIN - Recently the Saginaw Depot was awarded the Cowcatcher
Magazine "2013 Gold Rail Award" as the number TWO "Best Railfanning Spot" in
the 6 state region AND the "24 Hours @ Saginaw" event was awarded the number
TWO "Best Rail Special Event" (The BigBoy Chase was #1, go figure)!  We are all
about the #2 as in 2 great wins, Saginaw Depot and "24 Hours @ Saginaw"!  Thank
you Cowcatcher Readers!

http://www.cowcatchermagazine.com/midwest-attractions-leave-lasting-impression-on-2013-cowcatcher-magazines-gold-rail-awards/

Come plan to watch, talk, listen and photograph trains safely while sharing
fellowship and education with like minded railfans and families. Also,
help us promote the City of Saginaw as a nationally known hot spot to
watch and record trains safely. It is reported up to 60 trains pass
the Saginaw depot per day! Plenty to fill your
 train watching
appetite!

In previous years, we recorded
75 trains in 2006,
58 in 2007,
48 in 2008,
58 in 2009,
59 in 2010, 49 in 2011,47 in 2012 and
56 in 2013.

How many will we record this year?  Come find out!

Activities Include:

Presentation by Saginaw Chamber of Commerce about the depot site.
A safe area to watch trains.
24 hours of slide programs, clinics, railroad videos.
Railroad theme games and trivia to help pass the time.
Official Train Counter to record the running total of trains.
Door prizes, Food, Fun and More...

Features this year  include:

Silent Auction for good railroad stuff you want to take home.
Return of the POST Slide Auction to be held at the end of 24 Hours on Saturday.
New Trivia questions (with the help of railspot friends)
A live Train Horn display and demonstration (well maybe).
Live Radio broadcast on "Let's Talk Trains" Saturday at the event.
(check out last years show).

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/letstalktrains/2013/05/25/8th-annual-24-hours-saginaw-2013-with-host-skip-waters

Admission is FREE, although we are asking for a $5 donation to help cover
Insurance expenses. This is a must have or we cannot hold the event.  General
donations are also accepted and appreciated.

Join "24 Hours @ Saginaw" on FACEBOOK
http://www.facebook.com/24hoursatSaginaw

Sponsors:
The North Texas Chapter of the National Railway Historical Society
http://www.ntxnrhs.org

Saginaw Chamber of Commerce
http://www.saginawtxchamber.org

Choo Choo Express Trackless Trains
http://www.choochooexpress.com

See Wes Carr's "Railfan Primer" about Saginaw
http://www.trainweb.org/southwestshorts/saginaw.html
Photos taken during last year's 2012 event can be found at:
https://picasaweb.google.com/115572072871767784504/24HoursSaginaw0525To05262012

See 2010's Photo Night shoot
http://thundertrain.org/NightPhotos-Saginaw-052810.html

Check out the links to previous year's...
http://picasaweb.google.com/rwhitenight2004/24HoursSaginaw052805292010#
http://txrailfan.rrpicturearchives.net/archivethumbs.aspx?id=44894
http://centexrails.blogspot.com/2009/05/saginaw-trains.html
http://centexrails.blogspot.com/2009/05/saginaw-race.html
http://www.kingswayrc.com/saginaw/
http://picasaweb.google.com/MaroonedInAggieland/24HoursInSaginaw
http://txrailfan.rrpicturearchives.net/archivethumbs.aspx?id=33075

So, if you are not already committed to another event Memorial Day Weekend
please plan to join us Friday night for a quality slide show or a few hours on
Saturday and have fun watching Trains, Trains, Trains... Bring your friends,
make a full railfan experience out of it!

More info to follow as we get closer to the event...

We are still accepting presenters who would like to put on a
program or clinic during the "24 hours @ Saginaw" event. Whether it's
a slide show, a video, or film or a clinic on photography, recording
sound or video or documenting trains via train logs, we welcome your
program. Any length or subject will be considered. Please contact me
via email or call at the number below if you are available. Thanks for
your interest!

Skip Waters
Vice President, Trips & Events
North Texas Chapter, NRHS