[CBQ] Inquiry about interest in HO Model of Hinsdale (Main Station)

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] Inquiry about interest in HO Model of Hinsdale (Main Station)
From: "glenehaug@msn.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: 15 May 2014 11:27:16 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1400178438; bh=Ght/O/42vu1MqVsrzo1y2QRg3Ztbisru1CM84YbcHkI=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:X-Mailer:X-Original-From:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=bcolbFrQvxL/hhI+q4Er81praNtP/Tl3HcM80I3ASXP2rTkGXg3u+2DYVTVeD79juE76mxz6cAYbTzhzMnR/AQmCMpV3ErgyyVowSFIt0AHaYUMocw+58TyYRJUtrN00Wqti6YqHzrFEwIuXS31n5kvX6NxasIulZit6a3mfFuQ=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I have been working on a set of plans to model the Hinsdale Main Station in HO
scale.  The model would represent the building before the east end Baggage Room
was converted to a waiting room, and with the original open Pavillion on the
west end.  My original intent was to draw the brick patterns in the correct
orientation and color (which are completed), and then make copies of them on
label paper, which could be stuck onto blank walls built up from plastic sheets.

 I am concerned how the lack of depth of the bricks looks, and recently have
been thinking about having the station made using 3-D printing.  I have done
enough research to determine that it is possible, but not cheap.  The cost for
one depot is within my budget, so I am probably going to do it.

 I wonder how much interest there would be by others to obtain a model of this
depot.  The cost of several models would be cheaper (per model) than one, but
probably still $200 or more.

 If I do proceed with Hinsdale and it turns out to be a satisfactory model,
then I am going to investigate doing a 3-D model of West Hinsdale (two story
frame) depot rather than scratch-build it.

 I would appreciate hearing from anyone who might be interested in such a model.

 Glen Haug