[CBQ] Fraction Bearings

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] Fraction Bearings
From: <sholding@sbcglobal.net>
Date: 01 May 2014 20:28:09 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1399001290; bh=KmTRRcIfJnrQLsN6J1TZ2+2XYSpc8HWV0k/zEhzcsR4=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=5NWa2Rf7DyZuEjDNtxHsezPuQNvrAp6nSKRGYAtbnlC1HztP0C2wBokfjOXTBUbGP6WWIS370fiUcqzo4mPT6EXhk7h0i9dHngeOiKp0YQT0F+RuZIwcu+0IRDAprd5LIP4JKCUop6wSS3BemTeA/Sr38zezcYTM6A7FppKl2hs=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Like Leo I also worked with some of the old bearings.  Only my job was inside
the Dispatchers Office.  I think it was after I got the Second Trick Otttumwa
Job in '88.  We used to use Amtk for Deadhead moves to get the crews across the
road and be ready for operation in the opposite direction.   At the time we
operated a pair of wayfreights across Iowa numbered 491 and 492 they did the
work and moved all the junk and generally on Second Shift after all the prime
trains were run.  One nite 492 was pulling up the rear of the Eastbound trains
with a sand hopper and burned one off and as luck would have it just as they
met Amtk No. 5.  Yes of course it was on the inside and it rolled into the
Lounge Car of No. 5 peeling the side off.  The luck was in the fact the car was
closed and no one was aboard that car when it was hit.  Amtk pulled the car to
the nearest siding and sit it out while wheel truck was called out and the
hopper repaired.  The Lounge sat on the siding for around two weeks and it was
interesting to hear the crews go by it as most would holler between the ends of
the trains " I will never Deadhead on the Lounge car again"
Sometimes radio conversations could be amusing.  Management could never figure
WHY I always kept my radios on monitor.
Steve in SC