[CBQ] Stanage collection @ Batavia meet

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] Stanage collection @ Batavia meet
From: <gvlc6@hotmail.com>
Date: 22 Mar 2014 15:45:29 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1395528330; bh=mCvLc0c0VBkdD07h/sLcAQcYLz+XS7QYSITLPRZgjac=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=bsW3SoPD2P2lzvHJIQ1IHD4C941IACQWVxzj/fGMalClyRyiBgXPdbpQPbbxfNVedTmWt7Qq933BWs1qlkPpjaryyXv+/tEH+FglcYxOlhdvWPJaej4Jm3a9rOanjujGdTHeBqUlE5C4ao7j/4ET5ig+gXj6t7/2xBP1XrQYDhw=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I will have two full tables of Bob's collection inc. china, models (brass &
plastic) & Q RRiana.
 highlights inc. both a LMB (Toby) 4-8-4 factory ptd as #5630 and both a NPP
2-10-4 painted #6311 & an unpainted LMB version.  Other brass includes a DZ, a
CZ, Silver Slumber (Slumber coach) & a Pendulum car.  China includes 2 of the 4
rarest Q china pieces: a Service plate from the Pioneer Zephyr and an
Ak-Sar-ben service plates.  There is also backstamped Violets and Daisies and
Violet Spray, several the rare early limoge.  Models include every early wood
or plastc or die cast Q freight car made or close to it such as wood craftsmen
CB&Q kits from Mainline, Ambroid, Gloor Craft & Trackside Industries as well as
plastic & metal Pacific Traction, Varney, Golden Spike, Athearn, Robin Rail,
MDC & Roundhouse.  A few are assembled as Bob prefered: Kadee couplers, better
trucks, etc.  many in original boxes, etc.
 Other locos include Walthers's Proto series & an unknown custom painted steam
switcher 504 & 544.
 There will also be a 20" x 30" steel "Two tracks" stgin with BR logo, an
embossed leather CZ magazine cover (one from my collection was shown in a
Zephyr collectibles column of CB&Q magazine covers)  This one once held Better
Homes & Gardens.  there will also be non-Q books, brass waycars, a Q conductor
uniform, etc.
 IF you cannot attend, give me a call after 7 any evening as will accept a good
offer- can also send scans.
 (641) 923-2573.  Please share with friends as well - ALL proceeds go to Bob's
2 sons & their kids.  There may be more than your budget allows for this
one-rtime deal: I will consider layaway or take postdated checks made out to
Todd Stanage from those whom I know.  Given the age of many of our big Q
collectors whose collections are going to museums or in my case, my collection
to my son, a BRHS mbr, this may be your last best chance to purchase at
non-dealer prices some prime Q models & collectibles.  Any fair offer will be
accepted as this is a liquidation for the estate (but NOT selling to dealers -
Bob would want this in the hands of his fellow Q fans)   Gerald Edgar