Re: [CBQ] Ong, NE

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Ong, NE
From: "sartherdj@aol.com" <sartherdj@aol.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2014 23:02:00 -0500 (EST)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1393646522; bh=jS4T6VRfv7NdKgH5RaLqCpSGrpeFApzoebHod53FV6M=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:X-MB-Message-Source:X-MB-Message-Type:X-Mailer:X-Received:Message-Id:x-aol-global-disposition:x-aol-sid:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=1VEXeBwcNpG81K+ZVKlW7oogQqGGwYo8vKHoTUacpmksD/SMHWRCaDsSxAJkfTtWx5uRVf/AMaYMjQnQqPBqLC2mgXkB/GiEzFM38WxXKbqXAStz15YugUgmObcPBlG/uCVpdc2NPuDJIjXvQCwHuaJpw7cxDKnThBbYEp159Lk=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Thanks for the update/clarification re Ong, NE.

Did my request for information about CB&Q waycar interior details get through
to you?

"Pete,

I am building one of Glenn Guerra's fine O-Scale waycar kits to P:48 standards.
 I am trying to do something of a representative interior based on photos from
Randy Daniel's  Burlington Waycar Book.   I have two questions.

On pages 241 and 245 there are interior photos showing some flags in the rear
corner, one red, one green and two white.   Were the white flags used to
indicate an "extra" just like passenger trains?  Would they have been displayed
off the rear porch of the waycar during operation?

In a waycar cupola would the crew seats have faced in opposite directions
during normal operation?  The seat on the engineer's side facing forward and
the seat on the fireman's side facing to the rear?"

Thanks,  Dave Sarther
sartherdj@aol.com