RE: [CBQ] New Christmas trains

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [CBQ] New Christmas trains
From: "Rupert & Maureen" <gamlenz@ihug.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2013 09:54:18 +1300
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1388436872; bh=VexmZRHL73lZpC3pGZAtqgNph1oNKE5d3cZXlovvwLM=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Cloudmark-SP-Filtered:X-Cloudmark-SP-Result:X-IronPort-AV:X-Received:To:References:In-Reply-To:Message-ID:X-Mailer:Thread-Index:X-MimeOLE:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=Als99e5hwKYZlq15N++lgPnwSNI+YNUM6ztenBnTRP7D+bvyow6I+Khwyl4Tp0EhHlwFPsqpEwKk1IzGIhUipJZIMQ7qmVH6ZSpc1p7OJ4vCTL20T3nWnysZyEsDmXIcAJdBYKJLdSGgEuPWpf5OzxuJyGUcrSlWejLyM07bLdI=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Anthony

I regret to advise you that these are not exactly accurate CB&Q models. The number 48383 on the box car was last used between 1933 and 1940 on a rebuilt XA-6 auto box car. Maybe change the number to 48583 which was allocated to a XA-15B (it looked similar) between 1941 and 1970, and into the BN era.

The gondola car E3141 looks like the Bachman 42’ model.  The Burlington didn’t use letters before road numbers and I can’t think of any CB&Q steel gondolas that were similar to the model. I bought this same model about 35 years ago when I started collecting Burlington equipment. I ended up repainting it orange as MoW equipment, representing a foreign car that was rebuilt after being written off in a wreck.

But it is your train on your layout so if they look good to you, that is the only criteria.

Rupert Gamlen
Auckland NZ