[CBQ] Mile Post 206 Publishing 2014 Calendars and Forthcoming Books

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] Mile Post 206 Publishing 2014 Calendars and Forthcoming Books
From: <milepost206@mchsi.com>
Date: 12 Dec 2013 17:40:36 -0800
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1386898838; bh=0ikpSiiFKdwTxmovxY9MwqZeb12c6tgYzvPr7757Vz8=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=nW2mRaEZW/fxYFeUb7Z/fnPziE1/nOrUHEmosGsMBH8wcuyz0A02HyryqSttjh3AaMZVIKY6Fob0QWFHmTg6wsvt1VLaxNcApGwN7SBc8FF9cT3TrcrScP2oDmSme1yHCjr0F6Q4adBYQVyVFXy1MDAIA5qH0BX5JYO9z4UQqpk=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Greetings,

Many have inquired about our 2014 Calendars. If you are willing to wait for mid-January delivery, please send your order now. I am not going to print extras since the hobby shops need theirs before Christmas. So no extras other than orders. Price is the same-$12.95 plus $5.00 domestic postage. I will post a last call notice for orders. PayPal is still available but please wait until I get the website update.

http://theburlingtonwaycars.com/The_Burlington_Calendar_2013.html

As some of you know we have been formulating the subject of our next book. Steve’s email a couple days ago regarding the gas electrics woke the inquisitive……..

The very next book from us will be Larry Wobith’s UP maintenance-of-way book. We are the publishers. The book will be big, maybe two volumes and features photos selected from over 6,000 scanned images taken by some of the best railroad photographers that ever shot the UP MOW equipment. I expect this to be ready 3rd quarter 2014.

The next CB&Q book is tentatively planned to be The Burlington MOW including Joe Douda’s extensive roster of equipment. It will be similar to The Burlington Waycars but I don’t expect it to be the same size or take as long……. Tentative delivery will be late 3rd quarter 2014 unless a mountain of material arrives. If you have material you need to sort it out and shoot me an email to let me know what you have.

I would like to do a motor car book and tentatively plan to do so after taking a look at the DeGolyer material. General arrangement drawings seem to be a scarce commodity. We have obtained the floor plan drawings from the Pullman Library. There is other material out there and I understood there was to be a motor car book in process but I am not going play games to obtain it. Whatever we wind up with is what we will publish even if it is just a diagram book.

We have other books in development but won’t have any details until early 2014.

All of this activity is due to the employment of two graphic art interns starting in January. I think this is going to greatly accelerate what we can do.

I hope this answers the basic questions. All updates will occur on the list.

Thanks for your interest and support. Get those calendar orders in.

Regards,

Randy Danniel

Mile Post 206 Publishing, Inc.

www.TheBurlingtonWaycars.com