Re: [CBQ] C&I Passenger Engine Crew Question

To: "CBQ@yahoogroups.com" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] C&I Passenger Engine Crew Question
From: Leo <qutlx1@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2013 09:51:43 -0600
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1384444304; bh=uW/sWM7I6wKLWkvW2DjnN0X8LN724wXAAUUaqKaiEV4=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:References:X-Mailer:In-Reply-To:Message-Id:To:x-aol-global-disposition:x-aol-sid:X-AOL-IP:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=V5NU2ykPKrVZdMw1vNRvKbyLNWgULFieCMr12dsoEELcCmLJOxR445VJTJk6AxMcc1GYoJWBRE6ZexJh7gM1xWrps47+liuzjb9ZVwuf8dbjI22WVER76EtLE4UZ5BVknplwmfblrBw4gv8qaMO3ZWOrfiX1FeP003UUHkUfuXg=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Interesting timing of this question as I have been toying with the idea of an article about how the passenger trains were manned.

The Aurora division men staffed the trains between CUS and Savanna. The short answer is they were in a passenger pool that rotated between trains. Over the decades as trains were added and abolished the pools would change. These pools were a bit complicated and there were actually monthly calendars so the crews knew which turn worked which jobs. Of course once you were on a turn you knew your schedule.

My memory from riding is that the La Crosse div men changed at La Crosse but I don't know how they were scheduled.

Leo Phillipp

Sent from my iPad