Re: [CBQ] Digest Number 5610

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Digest Number 5610
From: RWA325@aol.com
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 11:24:16 -0400 (EDT)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1375197859; bh=6uPH5rvpjR6lX6+eLcJKNVddAiQtiSu1+NqQZsZPVwc=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Full-name:Message-ID:To:X-Mailer:x-aol-global-disposition:x-aol-sid:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=fmt0F4/umun9ZVWSb+N0pa1k7L+T3gmRa1wvOM78dcO30S5dxYrqdePTuq57G3bJDxtY7uBTzf/bQCjSOUXH36u6dTw1gkbdXKGEOhTxsW76M/W+3wel5Md0h8iUh4UDQify4IRNV0b+hHHbcW2tEWe6QW3YYz88LF0LvNui/ew=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Bill (Barber),

In the summer of 1961, I rode a CB&Q commuter from Chicago to Downers Grove on boot liberty from Great Lakes, with DG native and fellow boot, Ron Pluth.  I seem to remember the cars being Pullman green (OD) heavy weights, but never saw the head end.  What was likely pulling it in those days?  (I was still a decade away from being a "real" railfan, then.)

Thanks,
Bob Arthur
Princeton, NC