[CBQ] Bob Stanage estate - update & some items

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Bob Stanage estate - update & some items
From: "Gerald Edgar" <gvlc6@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 04 May 2013 20:01:38 -0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1367697700; bh=QWh1UITwk63jfQ55yHpVOV9HxSR37PAgd7GNupnr3QM=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:User-Agent:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=qtldXvgyq0tCq/vFz72E8xulj82yxVn03xG4xmobHKz4Se6Jc+RCI75oEC9SkfB1IXmuIc6rbAJzIbI/kU6rJ82p2dKLScb9TGJY+5+/tj+Qgg06RjE9tH6Afd6ga2/7F73hzuE9iyOSEQQMaDXV2v3/PADkp/4hAZXwgWxnFRc=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I have nearly all the estate items at my home now - nearly 100 cartons.
It will not be possible to sort thru all & offer one massive list so will do so
in increments.   Again, the intent is to dispose at a reasonable price, as Bob
would have wanted, to CB&Q fans - all proceeds to his 2 sons and their
children.  My 'plan' is to accept any offer that is 75-80% or higher of usual
price whether at a BRHS meet, eBay, hobby shop or train show.  I have a pretty
good sense of the value of both the models and the collectibles.  IF you are on
a budget and see several items you want, just make your offers and prioritize
which items.  I.E. if you want to spend a max of $500 and see two locos, a
waycar & a piece of china, list your best offer on each.  You will get
whichever items your offer is best up to your limit.  Items I do not get a
reasonable offer for will be taken to a major RR show and/or placed on eBay.  I
much prefer, as would Bob, items go to Q fans!!
I will have complete details on items mentioned earlier by Monday, here's a few
more.

2006 Corgi 1/50 scale model Burlington Trailways "Yellow Coach 743
(ltd edition for a bus collectors group - model is circa 1950's)

3 Hall china pots with lids:  Chocolate, tea & coffee - all with good BR herald
in 'gold'.  Shown in Luckin books

H.O. brass Pollock 168 ton hot metal car by AW Ent  orig list of $181

Walthers HO steel mill complex - all the bldgs & frt cars, mint in box plus the
Freytag h/b book "History of Making & Modeling Steel"

HO 'whalebelly' LO-9 hopper kit with decals from Q Connection  NIB

1944 wall calendar, complete, framed in new brushed aluminum frame with glass
(this is the famous 10th anniv of Zephyrs with all depicted

1948 Harriman Safety Award in original CB&Q frame as displayed in major depots
and offices (given to CB&Q for being safest Class 1 RR that yr)

HO brass "Beardstown Brace" waycar #14475 (blt 9-11 Aurora, dism. 1-63
Havelock)  Not sure of mfg as do not have box @ this time - will probably find
in another carton)  great factory paint, details, etc

Contct me for 3 nice scans, inside & out of the ultra rare pre-1900 B&MR in Neb
tarriff cabinet!!!

Again too, please share this info with ALL CB&Q fans.  Also have those limited
ed. HO train sets for Caterpillar and John Deere if you know of someone looking
for same as well as several nice beer steins & old flat top cans.  Bob belonged
to a Budwesier steim club but also had generic ones from Germany as well as
other American beers.

If you are into beer models, Bob bought every HO model of a beer reefer made
from metal Varney to recent Athearn, etc.

Gerald Edgar  gvlc6@hotmail.com

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com