[CBQ] Bob Stanage estate update

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Bob Stanage estate update
From: "Gerald Edgar" <gvlc6@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2013 13:01:44 -0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1366981306; bh=EDECdMOOql6FCtt3s1rh6dCgo6YpKpGwXOqeJ2Fbdik=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:User-Agent:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=qKCE3STJkOfeaqdLTXbGipDGg4q+oee0c7Jl8IHmRc7zf8DjMv5LXCcD32oyG9dFK/WOleSvH5XYVr0McAXFmiQDnAkWNgn/cwBhY0Uc72zMuRUFZpYEZOT0ThlWCsZ1YsB0WbluNXqEHP0GlZNeDgReRlL0AoYG2BUi2U6mPfc=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
My apologies for not having definitve answers to many of you as to exact
features of certain brass models, roadnames for old Varneys, books, etc etc.
Bob's colllection of mostly CB&Q railroadiana and MANY models, vintage metal &
plastic, brass, etc is FAR larger than I imagined.
I will do my best to have a partial list available in the next few days.
Complicating matters are factors such as my working f/t, some of his belongings
in storage in Alexandria, VA where he once lived and the rest on Omaha, his
last home.  I will be making my 3rd trip to a temp storage unit there tomorrow
to bring back last of the RR items.

In the meantime there are several mostly non-Q items I need help with in
finding good homes.  Bob kept excellent records of most of his purchases.  On
behalf of his two sons I would like to get at least what he paid in some cases
20 yrs ago.  Here's a few examples:  if you are interested great, if not pass
the word unto friends. (& contact me off list; tks!)

Brass HO Pollock hot(molten) steel car - ltd run early 1990's*

Calendars from AT&SF, DM&IR, UP, shortlines, etc back into 1970's

Walthers Ltd #1069 Caterpillar train (HO) GP9m, 4 cars & caboose "98

Lionel Century Club ltd ed. PRR S-2 #671

Walthers Steel Mill complex (all the structures & frt cars)

Special detailed 1/16 ltd ed. Ertl tractors: Farmall M & A

1/16 Bordens milk truck & 1/16 1931 U.S. Mail truck

Franklin Mint 1/16 IH "H" tractor

HO Hersheys chocolate train set 1994

O - Scale models (several  Burlington!)
K-Line 40' Armour reefer
   "   Kennecott Copper MP-15
   "   Heinz Pickle reefer
   "   Cream-of-Wheat 40' box car
Lionel Mobilgas tank car  ("97 SW Div NMRA car)
    "  BREX #19823 reefer (ice car)
    "  Washburn-Crosby Gold Medal flour 40' box
Weaver NP #97673 50' ins. box
   "   RBBQ 78265 50' ins. box
   "   CSS&SB Box #501
   "   TP&W 40' PS-1 box
   "   Inland Steel triple hopper
   "   EJ&E 40' box #50314

*back in the CB&Q H.S. days one of our publications had mention of one of these
new from the factory carried on end of a Q frt train going west to Colorado
Fuel & Iron.  Speaking of which, Bob of course being a charter mbr, kept his
entire 4 yr run of CB&Q His. Soc. publications.  That includes the elusive #1
that went to 6 people!

ALSO - that heavy cast iron 'peanut' (42" tall) pot belly stove in VG condition
in D.C. area - probably from a CB&Q MoW bldg.  Too expensive to ship so need
p/u in D.C. area.  Assist step, Q ticket & B&MR tariff cabinets are heavy but
not nearly as much so.

Gerald   gvlc6@hotmail.com    cell on w/e or evenings (641) 390-2006

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com