[CBQ] Tribune waycar story

To: cbq@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Tribune waycar story
From: james sandrin <jamessandrin@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2013 06:52:01 -0700 (PDT)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1365774723; bh=qU8hMVK0zst1MzzES9JkDBJfi232cY0rk73/veds5FE=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-YMail-OSG:X-Received:X-Rocket-MIMEInfo:X-Mailer:Message-ID:To:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=PZ3jrXQzv7MNbDwhf6dfvyNThJtqk5TPJzcnBVgKNgKP9Cxja9XgMrFGNoqkU815tzzhpiptl3JhqmMZAszYqnSvkTZCbwpkJefNjflLXzhSfdMWcet83l8OMopN/Xsj6V8Rf/EJQEpyoe0VD5I0OVn8d9Vizwf/wGETxcNy1og=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Can anyone recall or access a story from the fall of 1965 that ran in, I believe, the Chicago Tribune's Sunday magazine.  The account by a Tribune reporter, records his impressions from the coupola of a waycar on the CD headed west from Clyde (Cicero).  I think the 1965 date is close because he referred to trackage near the Burlington, Iowa bridge that was rebuilt due to the Mississippi River flooding earlier that year.

Since there seems to be a corrections effort under way to address some of the errors or ommisions of the recent Waycar books, this might be a nice addition to that collection.  I think I made an effort to save that piece way back when (I was 13 at the time), but it was lost in the family's move to Colorado in January 1966.  Jim Sandrin