[CBQ] Mile Post 206 Publishing Projects, Waycar Book Update, Decal News

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Mile Post 206 Publishing Projects, Waycar Book Update, Decal News & Material
From: "qmp211" <milepost206@mchsi.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2013 18:39:48 -0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1365100793; bh=9ndiH5PhFNR24y88cQ9cvbI+I/DspNyRNt8Kk4HW3CU=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:User-Agent:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=ATB4ARG77/S3L0xyUaym9NkMQVDe2rpcGZqjznvF8Jk832So3+VkoWwmPn/jPNmmv0NWuw3Hvy0jkLTh4brMHAlIEwftYcVl5YbkTQ8c4rjflPnsryIBPBqyv1gfy0/VmEaWhqwfj3MQPhTfEHpdwoGTdvmqWOl1fw1cD9emkJU=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Mile Post 206 Publishing Projects, Waycar Book Update, Decal News & Contributor
Material for Return

The Burlington Waycar Book Index and Errata Coming Soon

Rupert Gamlen has diligently prepared a searchable index and errata for The
Burlington Waycars. I will post an announcement when they are available on our
website as a PDF download.

I hope both of these documents will become living documents. We want people to
contribute to them to improve the historical perspective. There will be links
on the website for you to email your information. Please do not post them on
the list or email them to me directly. I would like to keep this material
separate.

Thank-you, Rupert!

The Burlington Waycar Drawing Book

We have less than 10 copies of The Burlington Waycar Drawing Book left. There
will be no reruns. Thank-you to all of the customers who supported the project.

Decal Project

I have been working with Bill Glick on passenger car lettering. Bill has some
projects that require the extended typeface currently unavailable in any scale.
We bought the software to generate scaleable fonts from scans so we can use
them for decals in all scales. Clear, properly exposed photos can be used along
with drawings.

If anyone has original company engineering lettering drawings for CB&Q, C&S or
FW&D please contact me. This is not limited to passenger equipment. I have the
CB&Q station sign letter drawing.

I don't want to start a long, unedited thread over company lettering colors (or
anything else) but at some point in time Bill and I will be asking for input.

Artwork first. Decal sets will be available later this year.

The optimal specs for submitted material for each letter should be a minimum of
3" tall scanned at 300 dpi. Higher resolutions tend to distort the lines in the
preliminary tests done so far. It can be a jpg.

Decals for Early Rail HO 40' 1890s furniture boxcar kit

This project has been lingering on the back burner for a year. I am still
willing to have Art Griffin print enough decals for those of us that need the
decals. If in the interim someone else had these decals printed, please drop me
a line. No need to duplicate orders.

Contributed Material for Return

I still have waycar material that will be returned to contributors in the next
few weeks. I will post when the material has all been sent.

Please keep trimming your posts. Thanks for the consideration. Those of us that
get daily digests find it very hard to follow these never ending posts to find
the new comments. Maybe I'm just getting old and cranky while under major time
constraints. But one recent post had 18 included replies.

Thanks.

Regards,
Randy Danniel

Mile Post 206 Publishing, Inc.