Re: [CBQ] Re: Mendota Roundhouse

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: Mendota Roundhouse
From: Jpslhedgpeth@aol.com
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2013 16:28:13 -0500 (EST)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1362259694; bh=alIWztUtAsNgcj/Rv5bDb7u3uGwjKUeKmTS2o3RvJNc=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:References:To:In-Reply-To:X-MB-Message-Source:X-MB-Message-Type:X-Mailer:X-Received:Message-Id:x-aol-global-disposition:X-AOL-SCOLL-SCORE:X-AOL-SCOLL-URL_COUNT:x-aol-sid:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=IG/KcZBQxZP8/LLUzVIFb9rc7TCNVJtZ7U2HkL9GPvBqBSxeh9h5JaC43/u0drFWWVNlrHoaRFKGaSm19Xiz7Yqi7DOxQZ2BWWy7wcMtDS9IKyL6MAt4o9sKVWqE9xB9Qj2kec8W4fOKrxEVLc2Uz1g4bFE/tr/AHKd3urVpFJg=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Leo...I guess it varied from territory to territory, but I never heard of "roustabout pay"...vs "wayfreight pay"...in fact, the term "Wayfreight" in any context is "foreign" to my experience on either the RI or Q..

Out here on the Lincoln and Wymore Divisions there was..."Through freight pay" and "Local pay"...I think the diffferentiating was something like three or more pickups or setouts moved the through freight pay to local pay.  Less than three of those and you still got through pay which was maybe less than "a dollar a hundred" difference.

In 56 when I hired out I think through freight pay was  "$14.69.    I've got it exactly in my old timebook, but that's downstairs and I'm not going down there now to check it...That number, if it's not exact, is not far off.

BTW...right now I'm planning to be at the Spring Meet...Shall I bring the jacket???   I can still get into it...If you can't I'll wear it and be your "puppet".

Pete