Re: [CBQ] Composite gons in 'coal' service

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Composite gons in 'coal' service
From: "John D. Mitchell, Jr." <cbqrr47@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 12:38:05 -0800 (PST)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1361565489; bh=ZX5QJAaY83PN5NxZ5Pb585S3QQc6wvBenZWyzycBXiU=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-YMail-OSG:X-Received:X-Rocket-MIMEInfo:X-Mailer:Message-ID:To:In-Reply-To:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=xvOCbNjFpcuCloidiLpMDxY/0ejHBY59uIZqVQ+erfDZN6gieS1iLi4U5yT7mEyAx0y4paA1jr/6N7Ex+HQ6c5W8L1rfQpfhRDAsdBKwVICogv0fCn8WIHY+bF50pLHAp1zjzBhW2qnkmXyVQRs2DbHMG3NPAIqg0UAb7jrdbLI=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

I don't know of any coal companies that were still bagging coal in the 50's, in Southern Illinois, however a number of wholesalers provided this service. They were primarily located in larger cities like St. Louis. I can't imagine why the Q would buy from them, at least on the Lines East where they had access to cheap coal and section men to shovel it. Even after the Valier Mine was leased, Old Ben sold them coal at a discount (they had to pay the Q the royalty).
John