Re: [CBQ] Re: Revell flat car

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: Revell flat car
From: "sartherdj@aol.com" <sartherdj@aol.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2013 00:28:11 -0500 (EST)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1359869294; bh=zvFRyEB2GdV+zWpyKcGIxevGUQ30q3ykSNNWXxfxS3c=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:X-MB-Message-Source:X-MB-Message-Type:X-Mailer:X-Received:Message-Id:x-aol-global-disposition:X-AOL-SCOLL-SCORE:X-AOL-SCOLL-URL_COUNT:x-aol-sid:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=E0zo3S0eFCxjv3NGT5OXJwoz812TIvNADMBhfKiHVnXsjWIOnZk2NI/5Cyl0DSQhioQFZhgKJ4JYCLEU/vWXCuz5NojxveZkM3YzppOq2sEKlrX180Ojc/nDIMQ55mAJIct/PtnX+ey+v7PvXHMJxV0NGkv3NLg/sUVTQCxfjXs=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

CB&Q Modelers,

You don't have to get "close to" the CB&Q FM-14 or FM-14A flat car.  You can get build it spot on thanks to the Chad Boas resin cast CB&Q FM-14  and FM-14A car kit that was introduced this past October, 2012 at the Naperville RPM Seminars.  Chad's casting was based on drawings from the article about "Bomber Boxcars" in Burlington Bulletin # 15 by Hol Wagner, drawings by Marty Feldner, and additional information supplied by Ed Hawkins, Rupert Gamlen and Al Hoffman.   Plus the HO scale decals have been completed by CB&Q member Jerry Hamsmith so you can stencil the car accurately.   For more information about the kit you can contact Chad at chadboas@yahoo.com and for more information about the decals you can contact Jerry Hamsmith at his e-mail address listed in his e-mail just prior to mine.

Of course CB&Q modelers and Naperville Seminar attendees have long been aware of the nice CB&Q FM-11 kit produced by the late Martin Lofton as a Sunshine "Mini Kit".   Good luck trying to find that gem.  It has been for sale a few times recently from different sellers on e-bay but the bidding gets pretty serious since the kit is so hard to find.

You can see photos of a completed FM-11 kit on the CB&Q Historical Society site.  A photo of Chad Boas's completed FM-14 flat car kit is available in the photo review of the 2012 Naperville Seminars put on-line by Dave Hussey at: http://www.pbase.com/dh30973/naper12&page=all    There is also a photo of Chad's FM-14 model available on the STMFC site among the photos of Chad's many resin cast flat car kits in the photo section under "Flat Cars" and found at: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/STMFC/photos/album/1061852970/pic/list?mode=tn&order=ordinal&start=41&count=20&dir=asc on  page three of the flat car photos.

Hope this helps some modelers who would like to build an accurate model of a CB&Q FM-14 or FM-14A flat car without searching for the old Revelle or Con-Cor kit.

Later,  Dave Sarther    Tucson, AZ