Re: [CBQ] Story Posts-My Bell

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Story Posts-My Bell
From: LZadnichek@aol.com
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 18:49:21 -0500 (EST)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1359503369; bh=lQ7vMbo/+13W8gwECRAgAg5mrSt/Fd/hoFwoiK4neAM=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Full-name:Message-ID:To:X-Mailer:x-aol-global-disposition:X-AOL-SCOLL-SCORE:X-AOL-SCOLL-URL_COUNT:x-aol-sid:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=Y3iAOqWOWyjciFpG+kPe9EElxx2J7LSnLqw3qb9VP7uaY0F6m+G7o+1BGgUJsdiXPTOo7B4gKa6RjOGmk5SA1o+TYXtSVMbjWTN6xTHkTdxF/FxsZb3beJNyV2NHBKaig/Y9xNXbUm91pYllUdwo2CAUCtRBlzt5KdaUzgUsmR8=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Leo - Bill Haffner who owns the WCHX tank car fleet is a long time friend of mine. Back in the early 1970s, I sold his dad Walter Haffner condemned UTLX and GATX rivited tank cars that Pinto Island Metals had bought for scrap. Mr. Haffner, who I recall was the chief mechanical officer for the GM&O at the time, took the tank cars, had them reconditioned for naval stores use and then ran them in non-interchange service for years afterwards. Mr. Haffner was from the "old school" and a tough negotiator, but fair person to deal with. There are still one or two of the cars left on an industrial siding in Mobile that nobody has wanted to scrap since they are still full of rock hard pine rosin. Bill's a really fine person if you ever make contact with him. Look forward to the measurements tomorrow - Louis