[CBQ] Ticket Acct'g

To: cbq@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Ticket Acct'g
From: qutlx1@aol.com
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 20:03:45 -0500 (EST)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1358471026; bh=x752cZrRHGE1A1+7aKl/gwWsiS80nda96xadu4YrlqM=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Full-name:Message-ID:To:X-Mailer:x-aol-global-disposition:X-AOL-SCOLL-SCORE:X-AOL-SCOLL-URL_COUNT:x-aol-sid:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=vCFvklJrVKuetxB2KXjZHd4jEFBw8c5Ad9Lsgfv05WJ49hkM/WRlwAhXprvtBjbMod6RH3Qsio4JXa+9XAMD5rgnQXr7i7kJMd6h8HtSPRbYe2yQp0YHsYSLmvk0TNwK54Zr+/V7Cp/iXIOloeoOkO3m144KRI3csLdz9/WCqeo=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

To add to Pete's comments about the army of clerks in the bowels of 547 W Jackson. As a ticket collector or Conductor one had to turn in a daily report of cash tickets "cut" and cash collected. This,of course, was before hand held calculators or smart phones,lap tops,etc. So the common practice was to sit at an empty seat near the end of the day and fill out the the report by ticket and cash fare,total it up ,fold the actual "duplexes" into the form,address it to the required party at 547 W Jackson, along with a copy of your remittance stub from an agent at a ticket window.

Done, right?  not really, weeks later you would receive,at your company mailbox at your designated location, a correction of your math from the acctg group stating you had made  various errors in your math(but w/o the detail) simply advising you shorted the company x amt of money and please remit ASAP. I'm sure I received credit statements for over remittances but somehow they dont come to mind. So at your next remittance in addtion to your report of tickets sold,the remittance advice, the actual duplexes,you had to include the copy of the adjustment form you had "paid for".

I remember sums like .08,.19 .67,etc,etc,etc. Guess my math on the back of a book of duplexes going down the road was sometimes off. Talk about keeping an army employed !

Leo Phillipp