[CBQ] Hand Signs-Tower #s

To: cbq@yahoogroups.com, brhslist@Yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Hand Signs-Tower #s
From: qutlx1@aol.com
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2013 12:45:24 -0500 (EST)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1357753526; bh=gC9DQzb9LEPt0MeOK+4FwsUpQL2wnA6vXSbqEpThho0=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Full-name:Message-ID:To:X-Mailer:x-aol-global-disposition:X-AOL-SCOLL-SCORE:X-AOL-SCOLL-URL_COUNT:x-aol-sid:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=XCVYqTY7rvTk9+8kB5M34yyjjG5FkPgG/N56Me0L8ZDeKUAXSASuB2Yo4xVdgP3JMFDjlux48+P3JUpJ1s3DDP878sqo4l5qP1VcczhzVw2XC20XGYqn7QHnj9eKhoBZjogNEf9KEJU0nEdUeI+VfeKpvIywB2tYawfZszVr++A=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

I have made the first steps to use my hand sign clinic notes into a hand sign article for the Bulletin. This will not be an overnight project but it's already bringing back lots of memories. Charlie already has a pretty funny story from me about a particular learning experience for one sign.

Now a request for help. Something I consider a "hand sign" for the article was the practice to put the track designation number or direction into the tower window as the crew went by so they would know which trk to go into in the yard or which side to unload on in the station. Based on my personal experience and interviews with the "old heads" this was done at Union Ave(Karl thanks for the photo reminder),Eola and West Eola towers and probably many other places.

I sure would love to have a photo or two of the number board displayed in a tower window for the article.

Can anyone help ?

Leo Phillipp