[CBQ] Clear over Red Mars Lights on hood units

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Clear over Red Mars Lights on hood units
From: "smokyjoe66" <js08ws62@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2013 21:23:17 -0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1357334599; bh=SuBV7Y3NFS67U5LU4ileFWN8UbbV/Z3NAnvocN/bQUA=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:User-Agent:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=Ph9NiMjGbAaQNXGe7E5JzrbnuqaD1y4r4Eyxz8I1N+4p1UcvkzDtLHTjD8oJ05AiOiu6lU3LXzo2liypIy2vDYKUQ4CuBBVHU4C2CQ3lmk7o1EA5skivKmxHRBQMMITNNeqjcTTCHBZ5ahxbqXN8lxCdVEm4vE0HWhUhu7gde0U=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
High on the ends of the early hood units just above the yellow over red stripe
was a light housing unit which I have always understood to be a Mars light. It
had 2 lamps and the lenses were clear over red. Intuitively one would
reasonably assume that the red, being generally a more restrictive and urgent
communication, would be in the more prominent "high" position, but pictures
show otherwise. Why is this so?

I have just had a professional modeler, customize and overhaul an Atlas GP7,
and while he ( not a devoted CB&Q fan) was supplied with many color photographs
of the prototype, and was clearly instructed to place the clear lens above the
red lens, he did otherwise. To be sure, to my eye, that arrangement is more
aesthetically pleasing... so I am not inclned to change it [ I have already
spent over a year and a half on this project and it must end ] ?.. But it is
not correct. Will welcome any comments about why the red lens is below the
clear lens on the prototype.

Thanks very much. I hope everyone has a great new year.

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com