Re: [CBQ] Oregon Signals

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Oregon Signals
From: STEVEN HOLDING <sholding@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2012 20:08:16 -0800 (PST)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1357013300; bh=K3hKrs0sx9zZrE52gnoO4zha5LyIZAHF70huZzw5XhA=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-YMail-OSG:X-Received:X-Rocket-MIMEInfo:X-Mailer:References:Message-ID:To:In-Reply-To:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=rMXVJTtmHgYs3OliSeJi3PGeMsa8Sj+hDdWJfe/pFkYpDQdoXUnlB2y/cIdFGgAxyZfg6BVIDv2CmaqFHwU7GC0YOkr5ocGGLtaKzxnBfyR3+0hEFJI0yvAFGnOXosITGWhk6t137xg4Ut2mpcYUfnt595zODZ5EQB/EtMbEesQ=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Bob
Look at Mike Spoors Vol 2 page 47 has a photo of the CTC board for the C&I and talks about when the CTC was installed.  I worked in the Cicero DS Office and later Galesburg before it was computerized and we moved to Ft. Worth.
The blank spot in the middle of the panel was Rochelle and controlled by the operator under the direction of the DS.  In the mid to late 80's Rochelle was moved to the DS board so he controlled the entire C&I.  It helped to have the operator control the traffic at Rochelle as often there would be 2 to 3 switch engines working there both BN and Milw.  The only time we could or did make meets at Rochelle was when no one would get stopped account the CNW crossing was Automatic and first come first served but generally the CNW would grab it first or in later years they would run a switch eng into the circuit to hold the signal for a hot pig train.  Meets on the C&I were made depending on the sidings and the hills and we would try and tell the trains where and who they were meeting to get good meets.  Oregon was not used very often account it was so short(before BN extended it).  The last day I worked it was an overtime day plus posting (extra pay) a person just before the computer took it over.
The C&I desk handled the C&I(Aurora to Savanna ) and the double track Rule 251(double track Auto Block) Savanna to St. Croix Tower( the op at East Cabin handled the traffic from on the IC with the dispatcher handling Galena Jct.) Op at PDC had a small CTC board and the OP at CX(North Lacrosse) handled the CTC Getting into both the south and north ends of the North La Crosse Yard as well as East Winona(rebuilt to single track after flood in '65 and at Trevino.  All were brought into Galesburg over time.
Steve in SC