Re: [CBQ] Downers Grove yard photo

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Downers Grove yard photo
From: Michael Matalis <mmatalis@sprynet.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2012 21:48:58 -0600
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echo; t=1354765741; bh=nKZoSuPEZxd76KObQDGxNKh4ssJG2EXvzZ8diiic7M0=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:In-Reply-To:To:References:Message-Id:X-Mailer:X-ELNK-Trace:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=iFA2trP04KQLhODY4QD65dnVReOcMXL5iVkNc7x8D8NG9APgkO3y6L3wBnE6GN2fhXonHM51TefMlUh0o7ZGLuPnzvHIT5HKVfb76Us7cUaKisBUuMlD6u4VlkWwiqYEaU5dnMF+r/8lcEePnFj588FjfyF8bz88nRZYNLKi7Uo=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

I managed to access the Sanborn maps (not easy!) and I am certain now that the structure is the old Downers Grove Water Works.

I've never tried contacting the DG Historical Society (I'm afraid that I'm not much of a face to face people person) and until I found their Facebook page today I was under the impression that they weren't much on sharing since they had such a small on line presence.  I now stand corrected.

Thank you kindly,

Michael Matalis
Downers Grove IL

You can see my railroad photography blog at http://www.chasingheavymetal.com/blog/