[CBQ] Re:O-5 cab interior questions

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re:O-5 cab interior questions
From: William Barber <clipperw@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2012 10:14:20 -0600
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echo; t=1353255266; bh=0rNmD3DyQKSiHIreh+7HKSTAJSy3OklJquUFRWUWWc0=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:In-Reply-To:To:References:Message-Id:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=BWfO6fSdzkIazkarJz/amTBjLTksA5wijKdlPG2c3Hm95ISccX5gf/MCxkU0IrS/2+kJOu7aXr/nWm++weI3hNJYQlSOogM7NwYqhL/STikJ0IbWWtpytpALVkE2tepousVxMunwJQ2mQm7qUG3/T8zy6WuZHOTluxnK+hVm/40=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

John,

Assuming that the RR didn't change the cab interior color during the brief period that the locomotive was painted gold (why would they?), Q normally painted cab interior walls medium to dark green . The backhead was, indeed, painted black; normally it appeared to be a flat black. The cab ceiling on most Q steam locomotives, including the the O-5s I believe, were lined with wood similar to or identical to box car tongue and groove siding. At least in later years, the ceiling too, was painted the same green. The floor and adjacent equipment around it was black or bare steel in the wear areas. While I can't think of one at the moment, somewhere, I am sure there is a color photo of a Q cab interior that might provide an idea of the color shade.

Bill Barber
Gravois Mills, MO